Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A quick update on the school opening!

I am feeling quite tired and not the best today. I had a two hour nap this afternoon hoping to feel a bit better, and although it did help, I am just feeling a bit under the weather, but before I head to bed I wanted to write a quick post. Yesterday was the school's grand opening. We dedicated the school, honoured God and those who have supported and served in raising up the school. It was a wonderful ceremony! I got to meet all of our students, and they are incredibly shy! But awesome at dancing :) It must be an African tradition to dance at celebrations, and yesterday was no exception. The kids are awesome at it! I hope they can teach me a thing or two :) 

Today we had off, as tomorrow is our first day of full day teaching. So I slept in - as I couldn't sleep again until 2:30 a.m. - and then went to town to go to the post office and do other errands. Then took a nap this afternoon to try to shake off my yucky-ness, and then have been doing some random things to get ready for tomorrow. I am excited to meet all of them again, and get to know them and feel what it will be like to teach in the classroom!

I will try to write more in detail tomorrow night about our first day. Love you all and miss you!!

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment